“The reality is that a bidder only has to be willing to bid once more than everyone else interested in the property in order to win. It is a process that helps to assure the bidder that they are not overpaying.”
– Matt Holiday, Auctioneer
Buyers choose to bid and buy real estate at auction with Matthew Holiday Broker, Auctioneer because:
- Buy at Competitive Purchase Price: Bidders like that the purchase price for real estate sold at auction is set by competitive bidding. Seeing other bidders willing to pay a similar price reassures a buyer they are not paying too much.
- Transparent Real Estate Transaction: Buyers like that they know the terms of the sale upfront.
- They know a date certain when the transaction will close.
- They know that there will not be long negotiations and complicated contingencies.
- They know that they are buying “as is “ and therefore they need to get all necessary inspections done before they bid.
- They know that they have been given all available public information about the real estate upfront through the property information packet.
- Motivated Seller: Buyers like dealing with a seller that wants to sell and is likely willing to sell the real estate for less at auction. Bidders who understand auctions know that an auction seller values the certainty of sale, time value of money, and lack of contingencies with an auction over the option of waiting months or even years for a higher offer.
- Honest and Fair Dealings: Serious bidders do their research in advance and know Matthew Holiday Broker, Auctioneer reputation of honesty and fair dealing in past auction sales. No funny business here. We have real sellers and real bidders.